Cockroaches roam around your home, in search of food and places to nest. They prefer dark and moist nooks, making it hard to assess if you indeed have a cockroach infestation.
Fortunately, there are signs to watch out for. When you find a number of these cockroach infestation signs in your home, consider calling professional pest control services.
Signs of Cockroach Infestation
Watch out for the following. When you find more than one infestation sign, you need to take action in controlling your cockroach infestation.
- Cockroach feces: Droppings from cockroaches are black and come in several sizes and shapes. Be wary when you spot this in your home.
- Cockroach shells: Cockroaches shed skin and shell casings several times during their lifetime.
- Smear marks: Cockroaches tend to leave behind smear marks in places where they are very active. Be on the lookout for this.
- Musty smell: The presence of cockroaches sometimes leaves a musty smell on surfaces and food.
What Can You Do in Cases of Cockroach Infestation? There are a few steps to take when you suspect cockroach infestation.
First of all, you need to take steps to secure your food stock. Once you know there are cockroaches around, work to remove food from susceptible locations. Store them in secure containers or in your refrigerator. This is a good way to lessen compromises to you and your family’s health.
In cases of cockroach infestation, swatting them to death won’t be enough. Once they’ve built their colonies in your home, their number can get out of hand. Make sure to call a professional local pest control service company.
Only a professional team can provide you with a long-term solution to your cockroach infestation problem.
A professional pest control company applies tried and tested methods to ensure that your home is cockroach-free.
- They use safe amounts of pest control chemicals – lethal to pest yet safe for humans and pets.
- Thorough site inspection – every possible cockroach location will be checked and treated.
- You get long-term solutions, and not just short-term short cuts to pest control.
When you’re ready to take the next step to long-term control of cockroach infestation, get in touch with SafeSpray!