A rodent-proof home isn’t just about securing your property investment. Sure, it is a huge part of it. After all, rodents are destructive by nature and they invade homes for shelter and food. Food can come in the form of your home’s foundation, as well as your crops, stocks and furnishings, among others.
But above all this, having a rodent-proof home gives you and your loved ones a peace of mind. Your home can truly become a place that’s safe, secure and clean.
Know if You Have Rodents in Your Home
The first step to rodent-proofing is making sure that you don’t already have rodents within your property.
Here are some signs to look out for:
- rodent excrement
- gnaw markings on furnishings and fittings
- rodent nests
- rodent noises, usually at night
Once you suspect the presence of rodents within your property, get in touch with Safe Spray to safely treat your situation. Through our tried and tested strategies, you can have a rodent-free home, in no time.
After pest treatment, we would install several monitoring/bait stations to secure your property, and ensure that we can nip any re-infestation in the bud.
Keep Rats and Mice Away
There are a few things you can do to double down on securing your home from rodents. Here are a few tips to ensuring that your home is rodent-proof.
- Keep your home clean. Mess attracts rodents so it pays to get tidy.
- Secure your food stock. Rodents invade spaces partly because they search for food.<
- Have pets that scare rodents off, like cats and dogs.
- Secure and clean crawl spaces.
- Clean unused rooms and spaces in your home, such as attics and basements.
- Seal off possible entry points, such as holes and cracks.
For more information, please feel free to get in touch with the Safe Spray team. Call Call 1300 562 053 today.