When the weather starts getting nippy, that’s a good sign to start thinking about your home and if it’s secure from rats.
Rats need to stay warm to survive. Residential properties are always good sources of food and shelter for these pests. They are active all through winter season and homeowners should ensure that their property is secure and free from rats.
Rats and Your Home
Rats need a warm place to stay during the cool season. They need food and shelter.
Homes offer this in the form of leftover food, unkempt trash bins, pet excrement, wood piles and debris, leaky faucets, and unmaintained rooms and spaces within the property. Of course, there’s a lot more that rats are attracted to when it comes to residences.
It is important to stay vigilant. Try to do some of the basic practices that keep rats away. If you have a rat infestation, consult with Safe Spray for professional pest control.
Keep Rats Away from Your Home
- Secure openings and other entry points. This means trimming any nearby foliage, which rats can climb onto to enter your home. This includes over-extending tree branches and vine that crawl up the walls of your home.
- Water sources attract rats so make sure to fix any leaky pipes and faucets.
- Watch out for holes around your home, and fix them.
- Regularly clean your home and dispose of your trash and leftover food properly.
- Store your dry goods (food and even pet food) in secure spaces.
- Clean up any excrement left by your pets. It is also a good idea to feed them inside your home.
For professional pest control, call us (1300 562 053) today!